Here we are a few days into April, which means it’s time for our monthly look at what’s selling well in the camera and photo world as measured by those folks at Amazon.com.
Unlike some previous wacky months, this month we see a juggling of some familiar items:
- Fujifilm Instax Mini Instant Film, 10 Sheets (5-Pack) – It’s 2014 and the bestselling item on our list is… film. Fuji’s released a couple cameras that are using this small about business card size) instant film and the fact that the film packs are on the bestseller list would seem to indicate some popularity.
- GoPro HERO3+: Black Edition – After two months at the top of the bestseller list, the GoPro HERO3+ Black Edition drops one spot. The GoPro rugged still and video camera continues to be among the long-term bestsellers. Offering solid video, still, and timelapse photography in a durable little package, it’s a great deal for a bunch of uses.
- Dropcam Pro Wi-Fi Wireless Video Monitoring Camera – we typically see at least one IP security camera on the list each month, and this new, updated Dropcamp model replaces the older version which was also quite popular.
- Case Logic DCB-304 Compact System/Hybrid Camera Case (Black) – This case is a repeat visitor to the bestsellers list, hanging out mid-list and offering a few pockets for carrying a compact camera and some accessories. The price is right as well – under $12 as I write this.
- Canon PowerShot A2500 Digital Camera – Canon’s PowerShot cameras have been a solid line when it comes to compact cameras and the A2500 offers a good low-end model that should make decent images. Perfect for carrying in a purse or jacket pocket, it’s a deal.
- Neewer 110CM 43″ 5-in-1 Collapsible Multi-Disc Light Reflector – A collapsable reflector is a great addition to any portrait photographer’s kit. It’ll work for indoor or outdoor photographers, especially when working with people. This one offers five surfaces and collapses nicely into the provided bag.
- Canon PowerShot A1400 Digital Camera – this sub-$75 PowerShot provides average image quality and 720p HD video in a unit designed to provide reasonable performance when on a budget.
- Let it not be said that *everything* in the photo world is expensive. Here’s a compact camera case for less than $6 as I write this.
- NEEWER® CN-160 160PCS LED Dimmable Ultra High Power Video Light, LED Light – LED continuous light has been used by videographers for a while, and it’s becoming more popular among still shooters. I purchased this exact light unit and it works well for supplemental lighting – I often use it for a hair or rim light for portraits.
- GoPro HERO3+: Silver Edition – we round out this month’s bestseller lineup with another GoPro unit, this time the Silver edition which saves the buyer $100 if you’re willing to cut out some of the super-high-end features of the Black.
If you use the links above and end up purchasing through Amazon, a small commission will be returned to Splat Photo that helps fund the operation of this site. Thanks for your support!
Apologies for the delay on this. I have a new photo-related thing coming soon (as soon as next week) and that’s been receiving much of my attention. Better late than never though… ↩