It’s December, and while many thoughts turn toward holiday gifts for photographers, we also take our monthly look at what’s selling well in the camera and photo world as measured by Amazon.com.
- GoPro HERO3 Black: Surf Edition – GoPro’s rugged HD video cameras are somewhere on the bestseller list each month, and here we find the HERO3 Surf Edition atop our list. It has all the video, still, and timelapse goodness of the HERO3 Black, with additional mounting gear for surf.
- Canon PowerShot A1400 Digital Camera – Canon’s PowerShot line of point-and-shoot cameras has long been a powerhouse for everyday consumers, and the A1400 offers a lot to like in a sub-$70 package (as of writing). It’s not designed for the serious shooter, but offers a simple set of controls for basic still and video functionality.
- Canon EOS Rebel T3i Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens – Canon’s Digital Rebel series pioneered the consumer-accessible mainstream DSLR, and the T3i is about one generation behind their current models. Even though it’s not the most recent camera, it still offers a ton of great features both for still images and HD video. Bundled with a kit lens for less than $500, this would be a great Christmas gift for someone who wants to start taking their photography seriously.
- Fujifilm Instax MINI 25 Instant Film Camera – Well this is something different. A *film* camera that produces instant images, a la the Polaroids of old. Using Fuji’s mini instant film, this is definitely a novelty item but could be a fun gift or just something interesting to play around with on one’s own. I may or may not have just added this to my Amazon wish list.
- Case Logic TBC-302 FFP Compact Camera Case – a cheap compact camera case from Case Logic, who has been in the case business pretty much forever.
- AmazonBasics Holster Camera Case for DSLR Cameras – and here we have another case, this time a small holster-style case branded by Amazon for those who want to carry a small DSLR with a lens.
- Case Logic DCB-304 Compact System/Hybrid Camera Case (Black) – OK I get it. Folks are buying a lot of cases. This is another Case Logic unit, offering another style of compact carrying.
- Canon PowerShot A2500 Digital Camera with 2.7-Inch LCD – hey, it’s a camera and not a case! The PowerShot A2500 offers a sleek look, 5x optical zoom, and 720p video in a nice small unit that would fit easily into a purse or other small bag.
- Case Logic DCB-302 Compact Case for Camera – a very small case for very small cameras.
- GoPro HERO3+: Black Edition – you know what they say, once you go black, you… oh nevermind. We wrap up this month’s top 10 list with essentially the same camera as we started it with, but this time without the extra surf paraphernalia.
If you use the links above and end up purchasing through Amazon, a small commission will be returned to me that helps fund the operation of this site. Thanks for your support!