I have affiliate relationships with various vendors of products and services. These relationships help to support this site when links here are used for product purchases. Links to products or services offered via SplatPhoto.com and the Splat Photo email list may be affiliate links, which means that I receive a small commission if a purchase is made after following an affiliate link. This money funnels back into Splat Photo to cover web hosting and other business expenses.
I’ve chosen vendors for my relationships based on my experiences with their products and services; if I’m recommending a product, it’s because I love it. I won’t recommend a product or service that I don’t believe in.
Some of my favorite companies with which I have affiliate relationships include:
- Amazon.com – what don’t they have?
- Andrew S. Gibson – photography ebooks
- B&H Photo and Video – all things photographic
- Blurb – photo books (print on demand)
- BorrowLenses.com – camera and lens rental
- FreshBooks – easy online invoicing
- Inspired Exposure Photography eBooks
- iStockPhoto – stock photography
- Kelby Training – online photography training and resources. Save $10 off an Annual Subscription – Use Code: KTCJKQ12
- New Media Expo – conference for blogging, podcasting, and other new media
- SmugMug – photo gallery and e-commerce solutions
- Shutterstock – stock photography
- Stuck in Customs – photography tutorials, training, and ebooks
- Sprout Social – social media analytics and scheduling
- ThinkGeek – Geeky toys, shirts, puzzles, and more
- Topaz Labs – Photo processing/editing plugins
- WP Engine – managed WordPress web hosting
As of January 2012 I am a speaker for SmugMug’s local user groups (SMUGs). They compensate me with a SmugMug account and cover my travel expenses for these events.